1. If not already installed, download and install PDF Studio Pro www.qoppa.com/pdfstudio/
2. Start PDF Studio Pro
3. Select File - Create PDF - from Scanner (or click the scanner symbol).
4. Select the scanner and click OK
5. Place the first page of the document on your scanner
6. You will then be prompted to specify the settings for the scan. The appearance of the panel in which you enter these settings depends on what scanner you are using but you should select the appropriate settings, which will generally include a Resolution of 300 dpi and start the scan.
7. When the page has been scanned, the panel below will appear:
8. Click OK and the page will be added to the PDF you are creating:
9. Put the next page of the document on the scanner and repeat steps 3 to 8. The second page will be added to the PDF
10. Continue until you have scanned in all the pages of the document.
11. Click File - Save and navigate to the appropriate folder on your computer where you are saving the files, and enter the appropriate file name e.g. 2010-09-23 Letter John Smith to Peter Brown, click Save and then click File - Close.
NOTE: If you have a very large number of documents to scan in and your scanner has a Scan button, it may be easier to use the Scan button rather than the procedure above. See here for more information about this alternative way of scanning in documents.
The above instructions are based on PDF Studio Pro 9. Other versions of the software can be used but there may be slight differences in, for example, under which menu various options are located.
This page was lasted updated in May 2014. Disclaimer