1. If not already installed, install Foxit Reader software, available from www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/
2. Start Foxit Reader and select File - Create - From Scanner.
3. Select the scanner to use from the drop down list.
4. Click Configure Presets
and select a suitable Resolution generally 300 dpi. Click on Scanner Options and select Hide Scanner's Interface. Click OK then Save
5. If you are using a flatbed scanner which can only take one page at a time:
If you are using a scanner with an automatic document feed (ADF):
A. Place all the pages of the document in the ADF, and click the Scan button in Foxit ReaderB. When the scanner has finished scanning in all the pages in the ADF, the following panel will appearC. Click No.
6. Click File - Save and navigate to the appropriate folder on your computer where you are saving the files, and enter the appropriate file name e.g. 2010-09-23 Letter John Smith to Peter Brown, click Save and then click File - Close.
NOTE: If you have a very large number of documents to scan in and your scanner has a Scan button, it may be easier to use the Scan button rather than the procedure above. See here for more information about this alternative way of scanning in documents.The above instructions are based on Foxit Reader 6. Other versions of the software can be used but there may be slight differences in, for example, under which menu various options are located.
This page was lasted updated in June 2014. Disclaimer