1. Download exifrenamer from www.macupdate.com/app/mac/10043/exifrenamer
2. Copy the JPG files to a work folder on your computer (so that the originals are untouched).
3. Open exifrenamer (if you get a message saying that it cannot be opened as it is from an unidentified developer, you may need to go into ‘system preferences’ – ‘security and privacy’- and under the general tab there should be an option to allow you to open it)
4. Once exifrenamer is open, bring up the ‘preferences’ window (from the main menu if it doesn’t appear automatically) as shown below
5. Click the ‘show advanced options’ box and then click on the ‘edit styles’ button that appears at the top of the window.
7. Copy and paste the following text into the ‘Format’ box
%Y-%M-%D Photo [%F]
The information on this page about specific computer techniques is provided for information purposes only. Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information is accurate and up to date at the time it was written but no responsibility for its accuracy, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed by me. You should satisfy yourself, before using any of the techniques, software or services described, that the techniques are appropriate for your purposes and that the software or service is reliable.