How to save selected emails from Gmail into an MBOX is described here.
If you have emails in a system other than Gmail, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. you can use the procedure below.
1. Go to http://mail.google.com and create a Gmail account.
2. Tap on
and select Settings so the the panel shown below appears
3. Select the Accounts and Import tab and then select Import mail and contacts
4. You will then be taken through a dialogue during which you will sign on to the email system where your emails are and copy them into your Gmail account:
5. Once you have all your emails in your Gmail account you need to choose which emails you are going to save to an MBOX file. For example if you want to save all the emails relevant to a dispute you have having, you can create a label (folder) in Gmail called say "dispute with Harveys" and drag all the relevant emails to that folder.
6. Now you are ready to create an MBOX using Gmail's backup feature as explained in this video selecting the emails in the "dispute with Harveys" label as shown in the example below.
The information on this page about specific computer techniques is provided for information purposes only. Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information is accurate and up to date at the time it was written but no responsibility for its accuracy, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed by me. You should satisfy yourself, before using any of the techniques, software or services described, that the techniques are appropriate for your purposes and that the software or service is reliable.
This page was lasted updated in December 2016. Disclaimer