When you have a number of photographs of the same subject, such as a garden, you will give each photo a number for easy reference, like this:
2014-07-30 Photo Garden 01
2014-07-30 Photo Garden 02
2014-07-30 Photo Garden 03
2014-07-30 Photo Garden 04
For ease of reference, it is useful if the file name, containing the number, is printed at the bottom of the photo, usually in red so that can be clearly seen.
This can be done using Nuance Power PDF (available from www.nuance.co.uk/for-individuals/by-product/pdf/index.htm) as shown below.
1. Select the first photo.
2. Right-click and open that PDF with Nuance Power PDF.
3. Select Headers and Footers - Add
4. In the Macros drop-down box select File Name, click in the Footer Centre box and click Insert Macro. Select a Colour of Red and a suitable Size. Click Apply to Multiple.
5. Click Add Files
6. Select the remaining photos and click Open.
7. Choose the folder where you wish to save the copies you are producing, and click OK.
The information on this page about specific computer techniques is provided for information purposes only. Every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information is accurate and up to date at the time it was written but no responsibility for its accuracy, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed by me. You should satisfy yourself, before using any of the techniques or software described, that the techniques are appropriate for your purposes and that the software is reliable. The above instructions are based on Nuance Power PDF version 1. Other versions of the software can be used but there may be slight differences in, for example, under which menu various options are located.
This page was lasted updated in May 2015. Disclaimer